Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Happy Springster Day





Wow! Will it ever end, this season of celebrating? I hope not. The last couple of weeks has been a string of celebrations. We started with Darryl's birthday, welcomed Spring in all her soppy sweetness, celebrated Easter and now my birthday . . .which is an ongoing event!

The Carroll Family made their annual Easter pilgrimage to see us -- this time bringing four additional family members -- their oldest son, Nick, and his wife and two boys. We had a four night whirlwind visit! Kate was able to stay and visit two nights and then dashed out of town for a week at the beach with Katie and her family.

On Friday, the Carroll clan took Darryl and I to Medieval Times to celebrate our birthdays. It was quite an experience -- we watched knights joust for the love of the princess as we ate baked chicken and ribs with our hands and yelled raucous cheers of encouragement to the Green Knight.

On Saturday, we bought eggs to dye and put a serious dent into Target's Easter section. The lady in line behind us asked if we were buying candy for our church! We dyed eggs and watched The Matrix while the more intellectual of the group played a rousing game of Risk.

After the Carrolls left on Sunday, Darryl, David and I headed to our friends, the Bowcuts, for a wild easter egg hunt and delicious dinner.

My birthday celebration started with a lunch on Tuesday with John Porter -- a long time friend. At book club on Tuesday, the ladies surprised me with a lovely birthday cake. Today, I had lunch with my other John (that sounds bad), and tonight I went out for Indian food with my friends Alison and Karen.

The festivities will continue tomorrow! I've taken the day off work and plan on playing until my two handsome men - Darryl and David - take me to dinner. I'll wait on dessert until Kate gets home at 9:30 or so. Party on, friends. Party on.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun! I wish I could say my Easter Holiday was full of that much adventure! Richie and I went to Medieval Times in Vegas for our honeymoon. It was quite exciting as well! (Although I loved Cirque du Soleil better!)
Happy happy Birthday Donna Dear! Love your guts!

wanda.blck said...

I would like to have been there to the medievel (can't spell it) joust, etc. with you. Sounds like a ball.