Monday, February 25, 2008

What's Your Favorite...?


I hate it when someone asks questions like, "What's your favorite food?" or "Where's your favorite place to go?" or "What's your favorite movie?" I mean, seriously, is it even possible to answer such questions? Not for me it isn't. I change my mind too much.

For instance, if someone asked me today what my favorite thing to do was, I'd say lie down all curled up with a book in a quiet pile of sunshine. Next week, my favorite thing to do will likely be going out to dinner with my girlfriends, going adventuring with Kate, or hanging around the house in my p.j.s all day.

Can anyone really chose a favorite food? Maybe I could chose my top 100 favorite foods. Favorite movie? Gosh, that depends on my mood! Sometimes it would be "Under the Tuscan Sun". Other times it could be "French Kiss". It could conceivably even be "Malibu's Most Wanted".

To improve security, my credit union's web site now asks for THREE security questions like "Who is your favorite band?", "What's your favorite movie?" , "What's your favorite activity?" or "What's your favorite book?" Really? Are they serious? Are they out of their minds? Well, I failed the blasted test and got locked out of my account. Is there really anyone who has a singular favorite food, color, movie or song? I'm I the only one who changes my mind?

I just can't imagine having a favorite band or a favorite activity. Silly people trying to make use free spirits stable!

(Oops. My husband just read this and didn't relate at all. His favorites have been solid for decades; Beatles, Baseball and Blue.


3 comments:

Joni said...

I like your photo's! I don't have favorites either. I always thought I was abnormal because I could never just give one answer...so well said!

Unknown said...

Darryl's favorite letter must also be the letter B. Hmmm, go figure. =)
I have started making a list of favorite movies, so when people actually do ask, I can name a plethora of great movies.
Food, color, band, etc.? Yeah, those are also impossible. I agree with your post 100%.

Unknown said...

Where did you see a list of my favorite movies???