Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mommy's Day

Here are two poems Kate wrote when she was in second or third grade. They still warm my heart and bring a smile.

Mom

Moms will walk across the desert
to help you sleep.
They will swim over the ocean
to help you not to weep.
They will climb a mountain tall
to pick you up when you fall.
Moms are wonderful people
who we will always remember and love.



Mommy’s Bed

Sometimes when it’s late at night,
I have a terrible fright.
I grab my blankies, go up the stairs
and say goodbye to my teddy bears.
I crawl into my mommy’s bed
and cover up my sleepy head.
The pillows are so fluffy–it’s not at all stuffy.
They sheets are so smooth that
you can easily snooze.
“Go away!” I say to my sleeping brother –
this is my mother!

3 comments:

Denise said...

Aww, so cute. I can't believe she was so young when she wrote them. She must have your talent.

Joni said...

So neat that you saved them! Too cute!

Cindy said...

Great poems, but poor David. Does she still tell him to go away?