Monday, May 4, 2009

I Love Four Year Olds

I love four year olds. I love their enthusiasm and their confidence.

In Sunday School, Sister Watson told the kids she was going to teach them about something that was sort of complicated. And it was a big word. She said she didn't think most of them would know what it was --"ordinance".

Joshua is four years old. He started popping up and down in his seat and raising his hand high above his head saying, "Oh, I know. I know!" He was practically falling out of his chair with his exuberance. "I know! I know! We put ordinance all over our Christmas tree." I love four year olds.

7 comments:

Lissa said...

thats awesome! thanks for your last 2 posts, you are a crack up!

Denise said...

lol

Angie said...

How funny! I'll have to start writing the things down that my little primary kids say. They DO say the darndest things!
We actually ARE going to Utah over the 4th! The Whitaker's are having a family reunion! I'm so glad we will get to see you guys! What fun!

hdknowles said...

Joshua is actually five and he talked about the ordinances for the tree in class after Primary. They really are hysterical. One of the little girls in my class (not naming names) announces every week that she needs to tell me something and the other children are not listening to her.

Joni said...

I always look forward to reading your posts. They are always so entertaining or funny or inspiring. Keep 'em coming!

Cindy said...

Kids! Aren't they precious?

Alison said...

SO funny. I didn't even hear his comment about the Christmas trees when I was doing Sharing Time. Probably for the best or I would have been laughing through the rest of the game.